I have had many people come to me with a WordPress or other CMS (Content Management System) application that only displays a blank white screen better known as WSOD (White Screen of Death). Like any issue, you need to start trouble shooting. I’ve found it better to start with plugins and the theme as suggested by WordPress.org. Use phpMyAdmin to make these changes. You can access phpMyAdmin from your hosting providers control panel.
1. The login is screen should look like the image to the left.
2. Once inside of phpMyAdmin you will click on the database name on the left.
3. Then click on the table “wp_options”. You may have a custom prefix like mine in the image.
4. This is where WordPress installations can be different and up to the individual to find the right row in the table. You are looking for the option_name “active_plugins” and will click on the pencil/edit.
5. Copy all of the text from the option_value and save it to a notepad of your choice so that you can re-enable the plugins if you choose to. Delete the text when it is copied and click “Go” in the bottom right of this screen. You have just disabled your plugins. Now check your website to see if you can load the home page or access the login screen.
6. If you are still not able to load the login screen then it may just be the theme. In the same “wp_options” table you are looking for the option_names template and stylesheet. These two rows are typically next to each other. When located, you will change the option_value of each to the folder name of the theme you are changing to. You can find the theme folder names in your wp-content/themes folder.
These steps should enable you to get back into the WordPress website and make the needed changes to your theme/plugins to fix the WSOD. You are probably dealing with something more serious if these steps do not help should contact someone to take a look. I am available to help get you back into your WordPress dashboard for $25. Website Repair